----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Monday, June 22, 2009

Sea of Coping - Riverdale Cemetery



The Riverdale Cemetery in Columbus, GA has to be one of the hardest cemeteries to maintain. When you look out across the cemetery your gaze falls upon a sea of coping, for most lots within a section are divided by it. Last fall I heard the city is working to establish a foundation that would cover Riverdale, Porterdale and East Porterdale. I hope so! My mother and 3 of my sisters are buried here, along with my grandmother, Great grandmother and other relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.