----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What does this symbolize?


Does anyone know what the middle symbol is for?
Could it be something to do with his job?
Please leave your answer in the comments area. Thanks!

Edgar E. Phillips is buried at Eastside Cemetery in Hutchinson.

The 1900 federal census states he is a carriage trimmer.
The 1905 state census states he is a carriage trimmer.
The 1910 federal census states he was a trimmer in the automobile industry.
The 1915 state census states he was an upholsterer - this is written over auto...[illegible].

It appears he was married at least twice.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Sheri Fenley and I write the column "Meet A Rabbit" for the Graveyard Rabbit Association. I would like to feature your blog soon. Please email me at:
    sherifenley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.