----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Finding Robert - Part 1

In September I blogged about the oldest cemetery photo I have. Based on family records I know Robert Shultz died 5/2/1895 in Lakin County, Kansas but I didn't know where he was buried. This photo has beckoned for me to find Robert, the one left behind when the family moved to Reno County and settled down to stay.

Why did he die at the young age of 32? Would I be able to find him? Would his headstone still be standing after 114 years? Has he been forgotten? So many questions.



I also wondered when this photo was taken - just how old was it? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.