----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Monday, March 22, 2010

Ching Ming: Tomb Sweeping Day

I subscribe to "The Daily Undertaker". I just read a interesting post on Ching Ming.

"It is almost upon us again... With spring comes Ching Ming; Grave Sweeping Day in the Chinese cultural tradition. Usually falling in early April, Ching Ming is a time when families gather, often very early in the morning, and travel to the graves of their ancestors to honor and remember them."

Visit the blog to read the rest of the article.

It made me think of how often we honor our ancestors. I know holidays are when most people visit the graves of family members. And maybe birthdays. I am 1,100 miles away from where my precious Mama is buried and it saddens me that I can't visit and take her flowers more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.