----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Keep me...

...in loving remembrance.

Wildmead Cemetery

Last week I was working on verifying and photographing each section at Wildmead Cemetery in order to update an interment list that will be posted in the new kiosk. When I came to the grave of John Hinkle and read the simple epitaph it saddened me in several ways. One: the stone was broken. Two: it was stacked, almost uncaringly. Three: I wondered when was the last time someone visited him - remembered him. So, today I can do that for him.

1 comment:

  1. What a touching post! I am so glad you were able
    to take this photo so that he truly can be
    remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.