----- ............Cemetery Walk: An afternoon of discovery! Every stone has a story. And they are waiting to be told........... -----

Thursday, April 14, 2011

This is why

It's a small world sometimes.

Shortly after I started my cemetery blog in 2008 the Association of Graveyard Rabbits made its appearance in blogland. A great place to meet people that share my interest. One of those people is Russ Worthington.

Yesterday when I posted the update on my flickr albums I never would have guessed that someone in New Jersey would connect to the photos I snapped in rural Kansas. But Russ did. When I read my email this morning I said to myself "this is why I do it." He also shared a public thank you on his blog and facebook.

The Cottonwood Cemetery is on the route we take to the big city about 3 1/2 hours away. I finally asked my husband to stop and give me 15 minutes in it after passing by so many times. When working with such a short time frame I always head to the old section and photograph what I can since those are the ones that are being lost to time and weather.


J. Whitall Reeve, GG GF of Russ, was born in PA and rests here in KS.

2 comments:

  1. Gale,

    ... or, it's a small world after all.

    You just never know who is going to respond to, or find our blogs.

    Thank you for those photo's. There are stories there, and one of my brick walls is on one of those stones.

    Thanks again,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great how 20 minutes of quick photography can really make a huge impact on someone's life.

    Taphophilia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

Due to a recent high volume of spam I have activated the comment moderation instead of discontinuing posts by anonymous visitors.